Thursday, June 4, 2009

Quick update

Wow. Things have been busy lately!

As most of you know, I had Harrison Joseph Allington on May 14th, 2009 by a scheduled c-section. Everything went really well, much better than the first time (but the first one wasn't a planned c-section.) The worst part was the spinal...ick, every time I think of it I cringe.

We went home that Sunday after they cleared Harrison to leave (he had lost a little more weight than they had wanted so they kept us a day extra just to keep an eye on him.) He has since then put on about 3 pounds since we left the hospital. This monday he weighed 9 pounds one ounce. I was very happy to see that since I have been breastfeeding and you never know how much they are getting. He loves to eat.

Will has been coping fairly well. He was fascinated with him at first but now he is kinda getting sick of sharing mommy, daddy, and grandparents time. He has become slightly jealous. But I suppose that is expected of a one and a half year old.

Will hasn't been feeling well lately and has been running a low grade temp the last few mornings so we took him into a walk in clinic. The dr. said she wasn't too concerned, just keep up with the motrin to keep his temp down. Harrison seems to be doing fine, no hint of a temp. He has been getting the immunities from my breastmilk, so hopefully he won't catch whatever will seems to have.

I have been feeling fairly well, much better than when I had Will. This c-section was a lot easier on my body. But I find if I over do it, I really pay for it later. It has now been 3 weeks since the surgery and we are moving in 3 weeks.

anyways, just wanted to update real quick. Not much time to write much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment