Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Homeward Bound

So I knew there was a possiblity of Josh coming home today and a big chance that was coming home this week.

But I was trying not to get my hopes up and expect him to call me from the airport, saying he was on his way back.

However, that is what happened. And I am pretty excited, it has been 5 weeks since I have seen him and it feels like forever. The longest we had really ever been separated since seeing each other for 4 years was when I went to college, and he would come and visit me periodically throughout the week. So 5 weeks of not seeing each other seemed like eternity.

But, he is coming home now in time for the baby! :D A person has to find the silver lining through everything and I think that is one of them for me. We have some serious decision making to do, although I am pretty sure we have decided to move back to SD after I have recovered from my c-section. There is just nothing out here to offer us and there are a few things that we can look into in SD. SD also only has a 4% unemployment rate, compared to a little over 11% in CA. The valley itself has an umemployment rate of nearly 20%. Yikes. Also, pretty sure he is going to return to school but not sure for what...some kind of masters program. That would help us get his students loans deferred...they are pretty big right now. I have looked into a few possiblities that seem pretty promising, so hopefully something will work out. I also would like to return to school and I want to look into a program in SD, I am still a resident there. I have a GPA of 3.75 with my 62 credits so hopefully that we will work in my favor for whatever I plan on doing.

So our plan? Education, education, education. Yeah, hasn't seemed to work out so great in our favor yet, but a bachelor's degree in History? Yuck, it sucks. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment