Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Update on family

This past weekend my family and I (minus Josh, Will and a few others) took a trip past the L.A. area to visit my Aunt Lisa for her 50th birthday. It was a long drive, especially crammed in the back seat of a small car with two other people, but it was nice to get out of the house and do something different.
I really missed Josh when we were there, it felt like something was missing. It made me acutely aware of how hard it is going to be when he leaves in March...I wish he didn't have to go but it has to be done. I really wish that the stupid quick enlist hadn't been messed up and he could have left earlier so he could have come back earlier. Apparently the world had other plans for us.

Will has started to take a few steps by himself, unaided by us or furniture. It is only a matter of time before he starts full out walking. He also started saying "night night" which is pretty cute. He has a dr.'s appt on Monday, and I am sure that we will get scrutinized for his lack of walking, which is always fun because it makes us feel like bad parents. Will just hasn't been interested in walking yet, he is too busy figuring out how things work. He is more of a thinker than a kid who wants to get up and run around.
My two boys, I love them so much! (Will is really looking like daddy in this one.)


No comments:

Post a Comment