Sunday, January 15, 2012

An eye opener

There are times when a person reads a story and it changes the way they view their lives. It changes them...forever. Well, I have to say that that has happened to me today. I happened across a story about a little boy from Louisiana called Tripp Roth. Little Tripp had a condition called Epidermolysis Bullosa and it wasn't until I was crying my eyes out over this story that I realized that this brave little man shares a birthday with my little man, Harrison. They were both born on May 14th, 2009 and both of our little men looked like healthy, normal babies. The only difference between them was that Tripp had a few blisters, which caused the doctors to diagnose him with the above mentioned disease. It made me sit there and think, what if that had been my child? And I cannot imagine having to endure what this mother has endured along with little Tripp. Little Tripp passed away on Saturday, the 14th and my heart goes out to his mother. I tell you that this story changed my view of my life in many ways. I am so grateful for my two healthy little men. They may be challenging and really try my patience at times but I need to just be grateful that they are able to do the normal things that 2 1/2 and 4 year olds do. Another way that this story changed me is that I can tell you with all certainty that I DO NOT CARE what sex this baby is. I do not care if it is a boy or girl. I only care that he/she is healthy and happy. I really encourage you to check out this blog but I warn you, I cried a lot when I read it so maybe have some tissues handy. the blog is randycourtneytripproth.blogspot.com.

I also wanted to share with you the date of my next ultrasound. It is scheduled for 2/15 at 10:45 am and we will be finding out the sex of the baby. It isn't so much that I care about what the baby is but I want to know so I can start finding clothes, etc. :)

Anways, I just wanted to share that life changing story with you because it touched my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment