Monday, January 30, 2012

Grr...Kidney stones but a New Nephew!

So yesterday I wasn't feeling so good. I've been having pain off and on again during this pregnancy and I thought some of it was attributed to my UTI's. Well, yesterday the paingot unbearable. It felt like kidney stone pain but I was thrown off by it when the pain extended into my abdomen and made my c-section scar hurt. So, after Josh got after work I went in to make sure the baby was ok and that it was "just" a kidney stone and not something that was affecting the baby. Yes, it was a kidney stone and the baby was just fine, "his" heart rate was in the 150s and wasn't in any distress. I, on the other hand, felt very distressed. I was given an anti-nausea med and low grade pain killer and sent home. thank god that sucker passed around 6 am this morning because I've had it take weeks for a stone to pass before (weeks with the intense pain makes you kinda want someone to knock you out until it's gone.) Feeling much better today although still very sore. I just hope not to get anymore during this pregnancy, although they saw a few stones lurking around in my kidneys (hopefully those just stay there and decide never to make a journey down.)

On Saturday the 28th Josh and I received the news of a new nephew! His brother Justin and his wife Ashley had their second son around 8pm on Saturday and he weighed in at around 9 lbs 10 oz (yep, he's a big guy) and was 22.3 inches long. So that's grandson number four for joe and vicky and I'm guessing we will be adding number five in June. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment