Thursday, December 4, 2008

The First Blog

I created this blog to keep everyone updated on my pregnancy, Will's progress, and Josh's upcoming (hopefully upcoming) deployment.

I had a Dr's appointment today because lately I have been having the strong urge to go to the bathroom but when I get there, it isn't as urgent as I thought. Since I am only 16 weeks pregnant, I figure it probably isn't the baby that is squishing my bladder so I scheduled a Dr's apt to see what was up. I ended up seeing a nurse practitioner at my clinic because my regular Dr. is always so busy. She was very, very nice. Such a wonderfully personable woman and she prescribed me some antibiotics. So hopefully I will start feeling better soon. I was rather nervous about having a UTI because I have heard of people who let them get so bad that they go into premature labor. Not good. When we were at our appointment, the nurse practitioner scheduled me for an ultrasound. I was wondering when they were going to schedule an ultrasound. My Dr. had mentioned it at our first appt and then never mentioned it again. She wanted to schedule it between the 15-20 weeks because that is when a AFP test is able to be read. It is a blood test that can test for down syndrome. We did not do this test with Will and I am a little bit nervous about having it done, but as long as it is just a blood test and does not harm the baby at all, I am okay with it I guess. The ultrasound is for Tuesday, the 9th and I will be 17 weeks when they perform the ultrasound. Hopefully they will at least be able to give us an idea of the baby's sex!!! I have to admit that I really, really want to know what it is. I am not looking forward to drinking 32 ounces of water 30 mins before though. I have the bladder that is very small and I think I may burst! I didn't have to drink water before Will's ultrasound and it was very comfortable...I don't think this one is going to be the same.

Josh had a meeting with the airforce people on tuesday and really didn't find out anything new. They basically were talking about jobs that were open that got paid more because they aren't very desirable and that kind of stuff. He has to go to a meeting the first tuesday of every month before he is shipped out. Unfortunately, the airforce put a stop to quick enlist the minute he joined, so we have absolultey no idea when he is going to leave. He is scheduled for March, but we are praying that he leaves before then.

Though I really think that he won't be here for the baby's birth...I can't express how that makes me feel. Sad, kind of angry, and very, very scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment