Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Specialty Dr.

I had an appt at the Fresno community hospital on Monday with a high risk pregnancy dr. I am a dork and can't remember his name, I will admit that I am horrible with names. We had another ultrasound, I think that since this is a high risk pregnancy clinic they have ultrasounds at every visit. The baby measured very good and the amniotic fluid levels were good. He is estimated to weigh 3 pounds and 8 ounces. That's my big boy! We also got more 3d ultrasound pics but he was hiding behind his hands most of the time, so we got a few good ones but not a lot.

We then met with the dr. after waiting a while longer (with having a one and a half year old along it can seem like forever!) and he seemed confused on why I was there. My charts, except for a few cases of high blood pressure on scattered occasions, did not show anything abnormal that would warrant a high risk dr. My regular clinic does not have my previous medical records so the new Dr. had nothing to go off of. I explained the reason for my dr.'s concerns (and mine as well.) Of course, as I knew, it is possible for a person not to get preeclampsia again (it is probably more common to not get it again) but I am trying to keep on top of it. I have read some awful stories at preeclampsia.org (the foundation for preeclampsia) about drs not taking women's symptoms seriously and then the baby tragically dies. I would hate to think that I had the power to make sure that my baby was safe and didn't take it just because the odds aren't extremely high that I might get it again. I would never be able to forgive myself.

Anyway, I don't think that this dr. understood that the darin camerana clinic does not deliver babies and switches their patients at the 7 month mark to a different dr. because of that reason. He talked about having me stay with the my previous clinic but wanted me to come back in 4 weeks to check on me (I will be 34 weeks by then!) I was very confused and talked to my educator about it today. She is helping me obtain my medical records so I can give them to the fresno dr. so he can understand a little bit more about my medical history.

I opted for another c-section, for medical and personal reasons, and if all goes well, it will be at 39 weeks. I need to set that up with a dr., not sure which one yet. I think it should be the fresno dr. but...wow, dr.'s can be confusing.

About 6 days until Josh leaves! Time has flown by since we have come back from SD. I am excited for him to go but so apprehensive at the same time. I hate the drs, and I hate going by myself...and I am dreading going alone. It makes me a little teary every time I think about it, but, a person is strong when they have to be. I am going to miss him so much and Will is such a daddy's boy, he is sorely going to miss his daada. But that will make us appreciate him that much more when he is home.

1 comment:

  1. You need to just explain to the doctor in fresno that the doctor you've been seeing doesn't deliver babies and you need to find a new doctor and if he can be yours. Otherwise if your still having issues you should at least maybe make an appointment with a doc in madera at least they would understand the situation with the camarena clinic.

    ReplyDelete